Thursday 27 September 2012

Google's 14th birthday marked by animated doodle


googles_14th_birthday.jpg


Google's 14th birthday is the subject of the latest doodle.The Google doodle starts with a cake with 14 candles. We see the candles being blown out and the cake transforming into a Google logo with 14 candles besides it.
Last year, Google's 13th birthday was marked by a doodle that depicted a party scene. Here's the story behind the doodle in the words of the artists who created it:
I was a designer in animation before I arrived at Google so I love animated films. Everything from the classics like Pinnoccio and The Jungle Book to recent stop motion films that are absolutely breathtaking... Coraline and Fantastic Mr. Fox. Their beautiful imperfections gave me the deep urge to make something with my hands... hoping to capture that human touch.
Google's 13th Birthday doodle was on deck and I was very much inspired to make a miniature set. Hoping to delight our users with even just a sliver of what I felt by watching those films I treated the letters as characters at a birthday party. Surrounded by a miniature set complete with a mini cake, mini presents and other mini props the logo was going to celebrate in style. Happy 13th Google!
The first time Google created a doodle to celebrate its birthday was way back in 2002, to mark Google's 4th birthday. Here's wishing you another great year Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment